NANOVIBRONIX ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGY ENHANCES HUMAN SKIN REGENERATION
The goal – explore the potential of NanoVibronix technology in stimulating regeneration of epidermal and dermal structures of human skin explants.
The evaluation methods – Observation of general morphology and visualization of different biological precursors or indicators after immuno- staining.
Explants were put into six wells culture plate and treated by one of four protocols:
- No treatment – control
- Stimulation in continuous mode – Continues mode – stimulation for10 minutes per day. Treatment was repeated at days: D1, D2, D3, D6,D7, D8 and D9.
- Stimulation with intermittent period – Intermittent mode – total of 6minutes of situation including 3 cycles with stimulation for 2 minutes and intermission of 2 minutes. Treatment was repeated at days: D1, D2, D3, D6, D7, D8 and D9.
- Stimulation by topical reference product (Retinol) – Retinoic Acid – applied topically to explants with 2 mg per explants. Products have been applied on D0, D3, D6 and D8.
Treatment with intermittent mode induces marked increase cytokeratin 14, slight increase in neutral GAGs and Collagen III, while a decrease in Ki67 and Collagen IV was observed
- Quantification of epidermal thickness and CK14 intensity
Treatment with intermittent mode induces a significant increase of approx. 75% and 80% in epidermal thickness and CK14 expression in comparison to the untreated explants, respectively.
According to these results, Nanovibronix stimulation with intermittent mode induces a very clear epidermal stimulation with a good cellular morphology compared to the Retinol Tx.
Stimulation with intermittent mode induces:
- A clear basal cytokeratin 14 over expression.
- A slight neutral GAGs over expression.
- A slight collagen III over expression.
- A clear decrease of cells in mitosis.
- No collagen IV over expression.
- No blood vessels stimulation.
These results show that treatment with Nanovibronix’s ultrasound technology in intermittent mode has a clear epidermal activity and a slight neutral GAGs stimulation close to the dermal epidermal-junction indicating enhancement of skin tissue regeneration.